As the peak national organisation of historians, the Australian Historical Association is committed to advocating on behalf of its members on issues relating to the professional practice of history.
The AHA takes leadership on matters relating to:
- The ethical practice of history in Australia.
- Nationally significant institutions and resources relating to the practice of history.
- Collaboration with other professional Associations
- Research and funding bodies
- Significant national events or debates
To raise a matter with the AHA Executive Committee please email the Executive Officer.
Previous advocacy work includes: