The Religious History Association invites applications for grants to support the study and publication of religious history.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 30 June 2016.
The aim of the grants is to facilitate the holding of workshops/conferences with a view to publication of research. Two forms of grant will be considered consistent with that aim:
- Small grants of $500-$1000
- A large grant of up to $6000 for an application which makes the case for the exploration of a major theme or a significant and innovative historiographical perspective. The success of such an application carries with it the expectation of a publication either in the form of a special issue of a journal (with the Journal of Religious History having the first option to consider such a publication) or as an edited book.
Form of application
- Provide a brief abstract of the workshop indicating title, theme, time, place, etc. (100 words).
- Indicate how the workshop fits the purposes of the Association which are:
- to promote and advance the study of religious history in Australia
- to promote the study of all fields of religious history
- to encourage research in Australian religious history
- to publish the Journal of Religious History
- List the name, position, and institution of the workshop leader(s) and any other known participants. Indicate intended number and nature of intended participants (post-graduate students, early career researchers, senior academics, etc.).
- Provide a description of the theme or research thesis, method, and theoretical framework of the workshop (up to 500 words)
- Indicate whether the workshop enhances an existing research project or initiates a new collaborative project. Provide a preliminary workshop programme.
- Append an itemised workshop budget. Indicate any intended outcomes of the workshop (edited collection, journal articles, etc.).
- List any other sources of finance received or applied for
Applications for funding support should be submitted by email to the RHA President, Professor John Gascoigne.
Workshops which receive funding must acknowledge the support of the RHA in the papers of the workshop and in any publication(s) which eventuate. Organisers should also submit a report to the president of the RHA.
The deadline for applications is 30 June 2016 and applications will be assessed at the next meeting of the RHA to be held in July 2016.