From January 2019, the new editors of History Australia will be Michelle Arrow, Leigh Boucher, and Kate Fullagar—all based at Macquarie University. History Australia is the official journal of the Australian Historical Association, published quarterly by Taylor & Francis. We seek expressions of interest for the part-time editorial assistant position. The position will commence on 1 January 2019. We are looking for an organized, self-motivated Sydney- based person to meet with us once a week, manage the journal’s submission and production platform ScholarOne, help communicate with authors and referees, promote the journal through social media channels, and contribute where necessary to the editing of submissions.
To be considered for this position, applicants should demonstrate their ability to fulfil the criteria listed below in an EOI of 1–2 pages and a CV.
- Work effectively with all three editors, the authors, and the Executive Officer of the Australian Historical Association
- Undertake training in the “ScholarOne” platform used by the publishers and manage the day-to-day operation of the platform for the journal
- Communicate clearly and diplomatically with authors and reviewers
- Serve as an organizational hub for the three editors
- Help copyedit and proofread submissions on occasion
- Help manage the various History Australia social media handles
Appointment Type: Casual Appointment of 8 hours per week. The 8 hours per week should be spread over at least two different days
Salary: HEW 4, $44.38 PH.
Specific Role Enquiries: Michelle Arrow Michelle.Arrow@mq.edu.au
Send EOIs with CV to: Kate Fullagar Kate.Fullagar@mq.edu.au by 1 June 2018.