During select weeks of the year, the AHA will invite members as guest tweeters for the association’s social media account. We will focus these account takeovers around significant events, anniversaries or milestones addressing a breadth of historical and contemporary themes from around the world.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from those members who would like to be considered. We aim to invite a diverse range of established, early career and postgraduate historians. In your expression of interest, please list any significant events, anniversaries, conferences or other milestones that you would be interested in guest tweeting about. Please note, though, that we will only be able to invite a limited number of participants, so an expression of interest does not guarantee selection.
As a pilot, the AHA twitter account, @AustHistAssoc, will first be handed over to Bart Ziino, who will be focusing on the 1st of January annual release of Cabinet Documents by the NAA. The second guest will be Aileen Walsh, who will be tweeting about the contested meaning of 26 January.
Expressions of Interest should be emailed to email@example.com and contain the following:
1. Name and existing Twitter handle
2. Institutional affiliation
3. Research and/or teaching background (150 words maximum)
4. Regional or thematic areas of historical research/interest
5. Please list any significant events, anniversaries, conferences or other milestones that you would be interested in guest tweeting about (e.g. Bastille Day; Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras; International Women’s Day; Japanese Studies Association of Australia conference)
6. Please list any other significant events, anniversaries, conferences or milestones that you would like to see other historians guest tweet about.
Expressions of interest due 21st January 2019.